If the user is still searching for a perfect solution to migrate Outlook to Thunderbird then, you are in the right place. There are numerous methods available for Outlook to Thunderbird migration but it is always suggested to use the reliable and trusted way of conversion.
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client among users and used for personal or business purposes. Outlook supports PST or Personal Storage Table format to save all the mailbox database. On the other side, the MBOX format is supported by Mozilla Thunderbird. MBOX is a flexible format that is supported by 20+ email clients such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, etc. Apart from the flexibility, there are various other reasons as well for which users want to convert Outlook to Thunderbird. We will describe the recommended methods both manual as well as the automated Outlook PST File Converter.
Let’s first understand the need to convert PST to MBOX format for a better understanding of users.
Reasons to Migrate Outlook to Thunderbird
We have listed some common reasons here to export Outlook PST to Thunderbird.
- Switching the working system
- MBOX format is supported by 20+ email clients including Apple Mail, Eudora, Spicebird, Thunderbird, etc.
- To create a backup of important PST data.
These are a few reasons for which users need to perform Outlook to Thunderbird migration. Let’s proceed further now to different suggested methods for the conversion.
Manual Strategies to Migrate Outlook to Thunderbird
We will discuss how users can convert Outlook PST to Thunderbird manually following the below-provided steps. Users need to create a copy of the original PST database before exporting as there can be a risk of data loss. Follow the steps provided –
Convert Outlook to Thunderbird On Single Machine
- Go to the start button.
- Go to Default programs and set Outlook as the default program.
- Launch the Thunderbird program on your system.
- Go to the Tools tab.
- Click on the Import/Export tab.
- Press the radio button appearing next to the mail.
- Select the Outlook program from the list.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the finish button after successfully importing.
- Complex and more time-consuming process.
- Technical expertise is required.
- Risk of human error that can lead to severe data loss.
Free Outlook PST File Converter to Migrate Outlook to Thunderbird
The manual methods are quite complex and took more time to execute. Perhaps, there are also several limitations using the manual techniques as we have already seen above. To avoid all the limitations, users can use professional solutions to convert PST to Thunderbird without Outlook installation required. We would like to suggest the advanced DRS PST to MBOX Converter software. The utility is designed on a smooth user-friendly GUI. It allows all the users to save Outlook PST data in MBOX, MSG, PDF, EML, HTML, CSV, AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Office 365, etc. The free Outlook PST file version allows exporting 50 emails for free.
- Convert PST to EML, MBOX, CSV, MSG, PDF, HTML, Gmail, IMAP, Yahoo, etc.
- Provides two conversion modes i.e, Single and Multiple mode.
- Date range and naming convention options are available.
- No technical knowledge is required.
- Easy user-friendly GUI.
- No risk of data loss.
- Supports all Windows and Mac OS versions.
- The free Outlook PST file converter version allows converting 50 emails for free.
Above in this article, we have discussed the perfect methods to migrate Outlook to Thunderbird email client. However, we have seen that manual methods are quite complex and time taking. So it is suggested to opt for the advanced PST to MBOX converter technique for performing a hassle-free conversion.