As I discussed in my previous blog I have explained some Famous food items of India. Here I am with remaining next states and their Famous food items of India. I have tried my best to give you this information. Hope you will like it and give priority to Indian food. Following are the Indian states with their food items.
10. Karnataka: Chiroti is basically served in Karnataka and Maharashtra. Served as a dessert. Kneaded Maida dough is made and cut into layered circular shape, deep fried in ghee or oil. Semi golden fluffy shaped Chiroti is sprinkled with powdered sugar and grated almond.
11.Kerala: Kerala in south India on the Malabar Coast. This state is known for coconut trees, beaches and greenery. Most of Famous food items of India are from south India mostly from Kerala. Use of coconut is reflected in their food. Aviyal dish holds a unique position in Kerala as well as Tamil cuisine. It is composed of many vegetables and addition of coconut paste, curry leaves, chillies adds a unique taste to it.
12.Andhra Pradesh and Telangana: Andhra Pradesh is also known for its natural scene, lakes and backwater. Chicken is the main item served there, hence Kodi Kura is the main item. Its ingredients include chicken, onion, tomato, ginger, curry leaves, salt, oil and spices according to the taste.
13. Bihar: One famous sweet is gujia basically known as purukia in Bihar. Bihar is a place where you will get different food choices. Starters and desserts have incredible taste. Khubi ka lai is a popular sweet of Bihar. It is similar to laddo with various dry fruits. Made from khoobi seeds, sugar and mawa basically famous in city of Barh.
14. Tamil Nadu: Environment and geographic condition affects the type of food of any state and this holds true for Tamil Nadu also. Kaduga Yerra is a favourite food item of this state and loved by neighbouring states too. Kaduga in Tamil means mustard and Yerra means prawn/shrimp. Use of curry leaves, shrimp, coconut oil, mustard oil provide a peculiar colour to it. It is basically served with rice.
15. Odisha: Chena Poda, also called roasted cheese in Odia. It is a cheese dessert. One of the characteristic of this lies in its preparation. Fresh homemade cheese (fresh, unripened and made from milk of Asian water buffalo), sugar, cashew nuts and raisins are used for its preparation, while baking it for several hours makes its taste special. If you look at its history, it is quite interesting. Owner of a confectionery in the odia town of nayagarh decided to add sugar and seasoning to left over cheese curd on night and left it in an oven which was still warm because of its early use. Next day when he tasted, it was quite delicious.
16. West Bengal: Fish is an important part of Bengal food which is justified from its geographic location. Ilish is a species of fish which is categorized as clupeidae. Bhapa Ilish is a type of fish in Bengal consumed at party, lunch and dinner. Ingredients includes hilsa fish, turmeric, mustard seed paste, cream and spices.
17. Jharkhand: Marua Roti is famous food from jharkhand which is served during festivals. It is made using raagi flour and best served with chutney. Pickles can also be used with it.
18. Sikkim: Sikkim is a state of India where majority is Nepali people. Hence dish like Momo’s are very famous there. Mostly people love rice. Phagshapa is one of the favourite food items of India in Sikkim cuisine and is a strip of pork fat stewed with Radishes and dried chillies.
Here I have explained some states and rest of states I will cover in my next blog. You can taste these Famous food items of India when you are out of state. As there are a lot of food items in India but these are some of them which I am able to explain here. Hope you will like and enjoy it. Next Indian states I am going to discuss in my next blog.
If you really like, it then read it properly and stay in touch.
I was looking at some of your posts on this site and I think this site is very informative ! Keep on putting up.
I simply want to tell you that I am just very new to blogging and truly enjoyed this web page. Likely I’m planning to bookmark your website . You amazingly come with tremendous articles. With thanks for revealing your blog site.